Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update





Things around here have been pretty quiet. Connor and Laura have been enjoying the warmer weather. We have had a few really nice days but most days are still cooler and at least partly overcast. They love to go outside and play. They climb "trees" (our bushes) and make beds out of leaves and grass. They also like to make "fires" to "cook" their "stone soup". These consist of piles of sand from the sand box topped with a pile of twigs that Connor carefully breaks into about 3in lengths. These "fires" turn up in the most unexpected places including the driveway, the grass and the garden. Cleaning up all the sand isn't much fun but they love to make them so who am I to complain!
Sophie is a full fledged walker now. She walks way more than she crawls and can even stand up in the middle of the room all by herself. She has also caught on to sign language really quickly. She signs "please" when ever she wants something. She signs "food" and will even occasionally combine the two. We are still working on "thank you" and she will only do it with prompting. Right now she is yelling "DAAAAD" and signing "please" to Patrick who is eating a bowl of ice cream.
Grampa let Sophie try a donut.
Christmas in May!
Somehow Sophie got into the tub by herself and didn't get her hair wet. Yes I know the water is pink!
Mmmmm! Whipped Cream!
Ah, the wonders of the air vent!
Giddy Up!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, Connor looks so old in the picture on the horse. I used to spend hours in my yard making stone soup and nature stew. I am so happy Sophie is walking! I am sure I will be very impressed when I see it in person. Will is eager to meet his cousins, it will be so fun to go out and do things together.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great!!!!
It sounds like you are all haveing fun.
Sophie looks sooooo big now. I sure hope Elizabeth starts walking soon too. She is getting sooo heavy.

I love the pis with Sophie and the goggles