Monday, December 22, 2008

Over a Week of Snow!

The unheard of has happened! We have had snow for over a week now and it has not started to melt yet! Not only that, but we have had snow fall on just about every day this past week! I think we probably have 18 inches on the ground this morning. It is rather hard to tell just how much snow there really is because we had some high winds yesterday and the night before. The wind blew the snow around a packed down really hard. We are all enjoying this unusual weather. We have gone for a few walks and done lots of sledding. It is too deep today to go for a walk. Laura's little legs were really struggling yesterday and there is at least 8 more inches this morning than there were yesterday when we went for our walk! It has been really nice. Patrick has been home since last Wednesday. The pool closed on Wednesday, he had Thursday and Friday off for his weekend, the pool was closed Saturday and Sunday for painting and there is too much snow so the pool is closed again today. The kids have loved having Daddy around so much and I sure have enjoyed having another grown up in the house. I even managed to get a nap yesterday!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!!! I really like you sled. It's different then I imaganed from what you said. Where'd you find it.
Emma

Kelly said...

Amazing! I can't believe we aren't there! Damn! I am so glad Patrick has been home so much, it's so nice to have another hand. I love the gingerbread house, I think I will try one with Will next year. I love the picture of Sophie through the window, too bad the reflection is a bit much. I wish we could be together, but honestly we would probably be stuck out on Camano! Love and Kisses to all! Auntie Kelly