Friday, December 12, 2008

O Christmas Tree!


We got our Christmas tree today. I think it is the earliest we have ever got a tree but it is just how it worked out this year. We wanted to go to a tree farm and cut the tree ourselves. The weather was nice this morning and with snow and freezing temperatures in the forecast, we decided today was the day. Patrick and Connor looked up local tree farms on the internet and picked one they thought sounded good and we headed out. When we got there, we discovered that neither Patrick nor myself had any cash and neither of us had thought to bring the check book. The farm didn't take plastic because they have no electricity at their shed. Thankfully the people who run the place were very nice and said they would let us get a tree and mail them a check!!! We could hardly believe it!!! We looked around. They had a ton of selection and finally settled on a Norway Spruce. I picked it out (surprise surprise! I am soo picky about Christmas trees). It is a beautiful tree but VERY prickly! When I got home from work this evening, We set it up and the kids and I decorated it. It doesn't want to stay up very straight though (We even tried 2 different stands!)so it is tied to the wall with twine! Hopefully it will hold. Patrick is a little leery!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

SO PRETTY! We always go to a tree farm, it's part of the fun. We are going today in fact. I am extremely picky too when it comes to my tree. That is so amazing that the people let you take a tree, there are still some nice people in the world! Maybe the kids will leave it alone more since it is so prickly. I can't wait to see Will's reaction to ours. I have a feeling he will attack it on a regualar basis! Here is a kiss for Connor- X, and Laura-X and Sophie- X!