Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh, What a Week!

This has been a really long week. I know it is only Tuesday night but the past seven days have been rough! I had some sort of stomach bug and had to stay close to the bathroom for a few days. Connor and Laura had some sort of bug too. Laura was really lethargic for a few days and even put herself to bed for a nap twice! She threw up one night but seemed to get better after that. Connor had one day of throwing up and diarrhea. Patrick wasn't feeling really well either but managed to fight his way through it. Just when I thought everyone was better, I got a really itchy nose that has turned into a sinus cold. Then, to top it all off, when we were eating breakfast this morning, I noticed that Laura had red marks on her face. I didn't think too much of it. She said that she had bonked into something. When I got her dressed a little while later, I realized that she had red spots all over!!!! She said that they didn't itch and they didn't seem to bother her so I guessed it might be chicken pox. I made her a doctor's appointment and luckily, it is only hives! I have no idea what caused them but, after to doses of benedryl, they seem to be fading. I hope everyone is better tomorrow. It has been a really long week!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How awful! Let's hope everyone is 100% by tomorrow. I hate being sick as a Mom, you can't just snuggle up in bed and ignore the world like you could before kids, you still have to do everything, but feel terrible while doing it. That's what DVD's are for though! I am glad you are feeling better and that the kids are on the mend. Miss you!

Simmons Family said...

hehe! The kids watched their Curious George short stories movie so many times Connor walks around reciting it now!

Emma said...

Aww, I hope you are all better today. We've had a bug too, but so far only Anne-Marie and Patrick have had it.