Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Connor's Birthday








It is hard to believe that Connor is four! The time sure flies by quickly. Everyone told me it would when he was a baby but at that time it was hard to believe.
We had a BBQ for Connor an Saturday night. We had a bunch of family and friends over and had a nice evening. The secretary at Patrick's work loves making cakes and after she heard about the pirate ship cake I tried to for Connor's birthday,she had to try her hand at it too. I think it was the biggest birthday cake I have ever seen but it didn't quiet make the 60mi trip from her house to ours. Despite having the hull crack, the cake turned out phenomenally. Everything on it was edible, even the sails which were rice paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I really like your new bike

Kelly said...

Looks like tons of fun! I will have to keep up the tradition and try a pirate ship cake for Will's first birthday! We'll make sure it cracks too to maintain the full effect! I like your new red big boy bike Connor, and you look very cool in your Knight Armor! I loved talking to you on the phone the other night! Love you all and Miss You Lots!

A Place of springs said...

What an awesome cake! Casey would love that!!! Happy b-day Conner.

PS It's a good thing we didn't come and visit b/c I got really sick and Casey woke up with an aweful cough.