Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our Home Ice!




I heard it was supposed to be below freezing for a few day so I thought I would try making an ice rink for the kids. I have tried several times over the course of my life to accomplish this feat but have never had any real success. Well I started last night after dinner by spraying part of the driveway with water. (Our hose leaks so I don't have to worry about it freezing which was one of the biggest problems I've had in the past) before I went to bed, I had spayed three layers. This morning I added another two and by the time Sophie took her nap at 11, the ice was ready! Connor thinks it is the best thing that ever happened to our driveway. He and I played hockey for about half an hour and he stayed out to play more while I made lunch. Laura thought it was neat until she fell down twice. Now she says she doesn't like the slippery. Some of the ice is melting where the sun is hitting it but most of it is holding up pretty well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was such a great idea! Connor looks like he is in heaven, I agree with Laura though, I hate falling on ice. Hope the ice lasts for you.- Kelly

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth was glued to the comp. screen...Ithink she likes the idea. it looks like fun to me too.
is it still there?