Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Digging






I decided to grow my tomatoes in the ground this year. There are so many other things that we wanted to try growing that our vegetable planters were all spoken for and there was no room left for tomatoes. I read in a gardening book that you can just dig a hole and grow them right in the lawn! After digging two holes, I decided that it probably wasn't something I should really be doing at this point in the pregnancy. Patrick and Connor finished digging the other two holes I needed. Laura supervised and I mixed some of the very sandy dirt from the holes with compost and steer manure. We now have four tomato plants growing happily in our yard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY





I Know it's a day late but at least I said it :-D

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary From us too. I was hoping the might be pics of you two doing something special!!!!

What do you mean you were digging holes!!!! :-0 your due date is only a month away!!!! Glad to hear that you thought better of it and got Pat to finish them... Connor looks like such a big help. And Laura looks cute with her feet dangling in the hole.

Connor and Laura we still want to see pics of your Mommy on the site. I think maybe Auntie D will have to take some pics of her and post them when she comes down!!!!
Hope you're all doing well.

Bridge, we'd love to see pick of your quilt. I still have to get batteries for my cam so I can show you mine.
Emma

Anonymous said...

Hey Bridge, you got a picture of Pats face!!!!!!!!!!! congrates

LoganAvatar said...

Oh so cute!!! They are getting so big, soon pat will be sitting in the lawn chair and the kids will be digging for him!!

- Mike