Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sophie



Some how 10 months have gone by and Sophie's first birthday is only two months away! She is so much smaller than Connor or Laura were at this age that I sometimes forget how old she really is! She is just now outgrowing her infant car seat, something Connor did at 4 months. She is wearing clothes that Laura fit at 5 months and is such a feather weight that I have no problem carrying her around. Despite her small stature, she is working very hard to keep up with her older brother and sister. She is a pro at crawling and can walk almost anywhere she wants to get holding onto furniture and the walls! She will even take a few steps on her own with a little encouragement or the right goal (the swimming pool!). Neither Connor nor Laura braved their first steps until they were within a week or two of their
first birthdays! Sophie can say "Mama" and "Dada" or "Dad" and mean either me or Patrick. I just started giving her any solid food and so far, she seems to like it. She wasn't really interested earlier so I didn't push it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh shes a little monkey!
Love you Soph soph!!!
Auntie MAry

Kelly said...

Maybe she has been more physically active because she wasn't as heavy as the other two. If you weigh less, it's easier to move around. She looks great and I can't wait to see her and celebrate her first birthday with her!

Anonymous said...

Look at her go...(I'm not shoing this one to Elizabeth...I don't wanter her grtting any ideas:-)
Way to go Shopie!!!
Auntie Emma